Saturday, October 11, 2014

Purpose

You ever find yourself in those "project from hell" moments. Where you wonder why you are even involved? Because all logic tells you this is doomed from the outset?

I am in one of those. But I am in it for the long haul. To the end. Because I believe so much in the lead. I would go to to war for this person. That good. That deserving of my loyalty. Damn the torpedoes!

I have worked with this person for over 20 years. We are pretty much work siblings. Onboarded months apart. Always admired. Tenacious. Brilliant. Complete. No stone unturned. And we've always clicked at work.

Now, in a really bad place. As project manager for something that, for all intents and purposes, is earmarked for failure. Covering someone else's undeserving ass. Not happening. Failure is not an option. This person that I admire so much will not let it happen.

It is the one thing that is keeping me going. If it is possible to love someone for the work they do, For the value they bring, For the example they set. This is the person. This is going to suck so bad. I may not survive this project. But I will try. For loyalty. For this person. Fuck everything else.

Semper Fi 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you survive this project!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete