Surviving. That thought has been at the forefront of late. Not even surviving the day-to-day drudgery. But just staying alive. Not like I'm trying to die or anything, just feeling my mortality.
Yes, it's morbid. And at times, it wonder if I care. I mean, to "live," you need something to live for. Living for oneself is rather narcissistic. No partner, no kids. You know, meaningful life stuff. Because, if I have no life, what's the point of retiring? But that thought (not retiring out of a corporate-type job) can be rather depressing. Not in the "depression" kind of way, but definitely a buzz-kill. If there was any buzz to kill.
Dragging my head out of that gutter (because my head is forever in that other gutter, haha), I should look for some short-term goals, get those done, then try for something harder.
So. Short goals.
- Camera-stuff: Get off your fat ass and get out to shoot. And not with the phone, either.
- More camera-stuff: Get going on your Dragon project you said you were going to do.
- Food: You know you are a "Live to Eat" type. Look for more things to wrap your tastebuds around.
- Crowds: One of your bugaboos. Have to find a coping mechanism. Deal with it.
- Dealing with your head-case: Get yourself a new head.
- Work: Hmm...